This section contains one WW2 era photo pertaining to Daniel Fraser and the Cape Breton Highlanders in England in 1942, and one WW2 era newspaper clipping showing the same photo.
Click or tap on the images below for high resolution, expandable images. Use your back button to return to this page.
Officers and a company sergeant major of the Cape Breton Highlanders at an "O" Group Conference in a field during manoevers. The "O" stood for "orders".
Left to Right:
1. Compant Sergeant Major Daniel (Danny) Joseph Fraser, New Waterford, NS (Killed in Action in Italy on January 17, 1944)
2. Major Carl D. Arnold, Sydney, NS
3. Capt. W.A. Nelson, Hamilton, ON
4. Lt-Col. James B. Weir, Montreal, QC (battalion commanding officer)
5. Major W.W. Ogilvie, Montreal, QC
6. Capt. Alex C. Ross, Sydney, NS (battalion adjutant)
Ref. Number: 0-2 (3-1.2)
Image Information: Scan of photo
Source: Library and Archives Canada PA-176593
Newspaper clipping photo with caption, showing officers and CSM Daniel Fraser at an "O" Group conference in a field during training manoevers. The newspaper photo is the same as the previous photo. It was taken in Sheffield Park, England, on December 5, 1942.
Ref. Number: 14-2 (4.1)
Date: Circa 1942-1943
Image Information: Received as electronic file
Source: Bernardine MacNeil-Campbell, Ontario, 2014