This section contains one World War 2 era photo pertaining to Pat Cahill and the Pioneer Platoon of the Cape Breton Highlanders.
Click or tap on the image below for a high resolution, expandable image. Use your back button to return to this page.
This photo was taken shortly before the Cape Breton Highlanders went overseas.
Front Row, Left to Right:
1. Cpl. Reginald (Reg) H. Roy, Sydney, NS
2. L/Cpl. E.L. Meyer, New Waterford, NS
3. Pte. F.A. LeBrun, New Waterford, NS
4. Lieut. A.C. Sim, Sydney, NS
5. Pte. James C. Robinson, North Sydney, NS (Died of Wounds in Italy on September 1, 1944)
6. Pte. A. Wallace, Rogerville
7. Pte. William (Billy) A. Day, Little Bras d’Or, NS
Back Row, Left to Right:
1. Pte. P.E. Dooley, Passchendaele, Glace Bay, NS
2. Pte. Patrick Michael Cahill, L’Ardoise, NS (Killed in Action in Italy on May 25, 1944)
3. Pte. John Truesdale Fraser, Sydney, NS (Killed in Action in Holland on April 9, 1945)
4. Pte. J.F. Vickers, Leitches Creek, NS
5. Pte. Peter (Dan Archie) MacNeil, Big Beach, NS
6. Pte. J. Chesal (?), Scotchtown, NS
7. Pte. H. McLean (?), Beach Cove
Names, military ranks and place names in the photo were taken from a wartime captioned newspaper photo. Place names are believed to be home town addresses at time of enlistment and not necessarily places of birth.
Photographer: Ronald Mosher, Truro, NS
Ref. Number: 0-3 (23-1.2)
Image Information: Scan of original photo
Source: Robert MacLellan Collection/Beulah Middleton